Hi, very new to php, and in need of some help :(

http://www.renegadesofdeath.co.uk

Thats my clan website for a game i play

But more to the point, im having trouble getting the php to open any new pages (from the links on the left) to open in the main page.

if($id) { include("$id.php"); } else { include("home.php"); }

Thats all the php in the main page is. Im not sure how to add to it or anything. I want so that any links that are clicked on will appear where the homepage is.

Sorry if this has been asked before, and any help is appreciated. Thanks :)

RoB

[!--PHP-Head--][div class=\'phptop\']PHP[/div][div class=\'phpmain\'][!--PHP-EHead--][span style=\"color:#0000BB\"]<?php

[/span][span style=\"color:#FF8000\"]//Use the switch() to set up navigation

[/span][span style=\"color:#007700\"]switch([/span][span style=\"color:#0000BB\"]$_GET[/span][span style=\"color:#007700\"][[/span][span style=\"color:#DD0000\"]\'id\'[/span][span style=\"color:#007700\"]])

{

case [/span][span style=\"color:#DD0000\"]\'1\'[/span][span style=\"color:#007700\"]:

{

include([/span][span style=\"color:#DD0000\"]\'page1.php\'[/span][span style=\"color:#007700\"]);

}

break;

case [/span][span style=\"color:#DD0000\"]\'2\'[/span][span style=\"color:#007700\"]:

{

include([/span][span style=\"color:#DD0000\"]\'page2.php\'[/span][span style=\"color:#007700\"]);

}

break;

default:

{

include([/span][span style=\"color:#DD0000\"]\'home.php\'[/span][span style=\"color:#007700\"]);

}

break;

}

[/span][span style=\"color:#0000BB\"]?>[/span]

[/span][!--PHP-Foot--][/div][!--PHP-EFoot--]

Then have your menu set up like "index.php?id=1" and it will load page1.php.

Jeremy

After the break I would add "default: include("index.php");" so that so when you go to your main page you don't have to type ?id=1 in it.

Oops didn't see you had it there because I don't usualy use the break after doing the defualt.

Its sorted now :)

I got a footer.inc and a header.inc

put the index.php script into the header.inc and added the include header.php thing at the top of every php page i wanted to link from. Thanks for the help guys. If you want any more info on how i did it i'll write a small know how on another post if you like :)

Thanks for the help anyhoo guys. Appreciated

EDIT: I was looking at the countdown timers for php scripts on this site... anyone know of any that go the minute? or the second even? or how to edit those that are there to do that?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.