apply Curl on very simple example that gets a HTTP page [pass results to array]

dilbertone

hello dear community,

today i want to apply Curl on a very simple example that gets a HTTP page - review in order to harvest the data of this pretty simple!

Well: see this totally easy page: http://www.aktive-buergerschaft.de/buergerstiftungsfinder here we have a list of Foundations: We can see a bunch (approx 1000 records on Foundations). Well - my intention is to store the data in a locally database (favourite db is MySQL):

here is my simple approach - what is missing are two parts: The processing of the results and the storing of the results of the parser - into the MySQL-DB. This part goes somewhat over my head.

Well the result of the Fetching with Curl should be given to arrays - shouldn ´t it!? If someone can help me here i would be glad!

<?php
//
// A very simple example that gets a HTTP page.
//

$ch = curl_init();

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "http://www.aktive-buergerschaft.de/buergerstiftungsfinder");
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);

curl_exec ($ch);

curl_close ($ch);

// well here i want to put the results into an array... [multidimensioal or not !?! ]

?>

see the example here on this page: (at the top)

Bürgerstiftung Lebensraum Aachen

rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts

Ansprechpartner: Hubert Schramm

Alexanderstr. 69/ 71

52062 Aachen

Telefon: 0241 - 4500130

Telefax: 0241 - 4500131

Email: info@buergerstiftung-aachen.de

www.buergerstiftung-aachen.de

>> Weitere Details zu dieser Stiftung

The link "Weitere Details zu dieser Stiftung" which is: in english More details to this Foundation"

This link has to be followed and the results (also) to be parsed. If you follow the link then you see: There are some additional infos that should be stored too!

Well - what is needed now: I need to have the details for the arrays Can any body enlarge the codebits that can be seen above - and give me a hint!? I look forward to this...

db1  ;)

well - if we enlarge the code to this - i need to have some ideas how to store the data into mysql:

$ch = curl_init("http://www.aktive-buergerschaft.de/buergerstiftungsfinder");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);  
$buffer = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);
$result = explode(",", $buffer);
print_r($result);

Well - what is needed now: I need to have the details for the stuff - in order to store all the results in a MySQL-DB.  Can any body enlarge the codebits that can be seen above - and give me a hint!? I look forward to this...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.