res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm

Zane

I swear this has to be a JS problem, because most of the site runs off of jquery and its ajax functions.

As always, the site works perfectly in Firefox, but when I load it up in IE7 or IE8 (I haven't tried IE9 yet) and start clicking the buttons, IE crashes.  :facewall:

I'm clueless at this point.  I've went as far as uninstalling IE8.. trying IE7; which still fails.

Re-installing IE8 fresh and yet again, it still crashes.  Meanwhile, I have an admin page with MUCH MORE jquery going on than the main page and it never crashes IE.  I don't have a clue where this error is and IE doesn't give the most detailed of information.  The most I get is that "the tab was recovered" or I'm redirected to a generic IE error page with this URL

res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#reallycheapfloors.com,http://www.reallycheapfloors.com/#

I've ran malwarebytes, reimage, ccleaner, etc.. Contrary to what I though, there is nothing malicious floating around.  In fact, this same thing happens on other computers running IE8.... and even 7.

I'm assuming it's a coding error I've made somewhere, but I don't know of a good validator that can spot IE specific issues in code or else I'd be using that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From what I've been able to find via Google, it could be caused either by a corrupt install of the browser, or something you wrote which is fatally incompatible with IE (real helpful, I know).  Is there anything you're doing on that page which is unique to the site?  Maybe its choking on an animation or something.

Some links for other suggestions:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/browser-error-resieframedllacrerrorhtm-webpage/a1d28089-b953-4416-b214-17ae794126b3

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1222-internet-explorer-reset.html

The only thing I'm doing unique.. is that I'm populating an empty div.. dynamically, with a table...with jquery on click of an anchor link.

Within that table I have CSS to highlight TRs when you rollover them.  The oddest thing is that on the admin side, in IE... the tr.item:hover works perfect.  When I try it on the main site.. IE crashes as soon as I hover over it.  I've even tried the IE fix of changing the class of the TR on mouseover and taking it away onmouseout.  It still crashes. 

I've never encountered this problem before.  For all I know it could be an HTML validation error...

Here in a second I'll create a separate account for the admin with restricted permissions so you can see that it works fine there.  For now, you just gotta believe me that it works there.

Yeah, I put it in debug mode just after I reinstalled IE8..

That is, if by Debug mode you mean to uncheck those two disable debugging checkboxes.  Still, ieframe.dll pulls its shit and sometimes I get the Send Report dialog.  If I click More Information I get about as much information as a Microsoft error usually gives you.

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Users\CarpetMart\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBEF7.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

C:\Users\CarpetMart\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDB2F.tmp.appcompat.txt

C:\Users\CarpetMart\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDDFD.tmp.mdmp

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

The most irritating thing is that those temp files don't even exist.

Looks like I'm just gonna have to redo the entire front end.. unless I miraculously come across a fix for this bastard.  It's probably better in the long run anyway, AJAX loaded content isn't exactly SEO friendly.  Now I've got to ponder a better functionality.

Also, BTW,  Using IE Tab 2 , the page doesn't crash at all, but my LIs don't float to the left.. the just line up vertically but that's besides the point.. and irrelevant to this topic.

• 8 months later...

If you use Internet Explorer and it keeps crashing. Please do the following. It is either a virus that adds the Add-on or is downloaded with a toobar like Yahoo, Bing etc... . I am not sure. I am not a computer whiz.

All of a sudden IE8 was crashing and was trying to go to some Systm.info. I went to Start, Control Panel, Internet Options. On the Programs Tab, click on Manage Add-on. Go down the list and disable any new or unknown Extensions or Toolbars. Mine had some Systm.info that had been added the day I started having problems. Never had seen it before. I disable it. Opened IE and it is no longer in the list of Add-ons. I had downloaded Yahoo Toolbar the day IE8 started the crashing.