Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

edg322

search results problem

Hello, I have a keyword that re-appears after a new search without a keyword takes place.  For example, I do search with keyword "books" in location "orlando" and run it.  Then I delete the word "books" and search again (keeping "orlando" for the location).  The new results are returned fine, but then when I click to look at the 2nd page of results from the new search, the "books" keyword reappears!  The content of new results don't actually change though.

I'm guessing the new search is taking that reappearing keyword from the adodb cache.  Any ideas or general suggestions?

do you let the session self create the session name or are there a fixed session name.

somewhere I have _REQUEST['var_name'] being set by the session which populates the variable in the form.  I'm now trying to find where that is being set in the session ... maybe comment that out would solve this

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.