• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jed3

jed3
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:38 PM

Hello, this is my first post here.  I have been a visitor for some time now and have finally decided to post.  Please forgive me if this has aleady been addressed multiple times...

What I was wondering what is the best way to simulate a dynamic OO environment with PHP.  I am very familar with OO in PHP but I often find myself wishing so badly that I could enable a user to call a function of an object as they would in a Java app.  What I have done in the past is create a PHP file that serves almost like a terminal, where say if an object were to be updated by the user when they click a button, it would link to the terminal, then call the function on the object and return back to the referring page.

What I would like to know is if there is a more practical or better way of doing this.  I feel that my PHP coding skills are very strong, but I would like to improve my software design practices.  I have never been formally introduced to design schemas for PHP web applications.

I am sorry if my post was too vague, I will clarify further if needed.

#2 448191

• Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,545 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:51 AM

I don't know much about Java, but what you're describing sounds similar to a registry. If by 'schemes' you mean patterns, you'll find some usefull links in the resources sticky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users