lenovo vs IBM

tendouser

Are lenovo laptops as good as IBM was?

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mobile/display/20100520102900_Lenovo_ThinkPad_Laptops_Lead_in_Quality_and_Reliability_Rankings.html

Speaks for itself, however, I should point out that many people buy refurbs/factory seconds at low prices, and these are not necessarily going to be as good.

Lenovo's been making IBM laptops since 2004.  Are you comparing them to themselves or do you mean 8 year old IBM laptops?  The biggest difference is that the Lenovo brand label has twice as many letters as the IBM logo, so this could provide additional protection to the laptop case.

to buy one laptop.

I gave you a link to a recent article on Lenovo quality rankings.  What the quality of Thinkpads were 8 years ago is irrrelevant.. technology has been revised 6 generations since then.

I suspect the interest is if there is any quality drop/improvement/change after Lenovo bought out IBM.  IBM has a very long track record and Lenovo not so long, so it's pertinent to ask imho.

Everything I've seen says Lenovo has maintained the excellent quality that IBM branded machines offered, but I haven't every used them myself.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.