Connecting to database

I installed mysql, using wamp. I created a php script using dreamweaver. I can see my database and tables, but when I do a call to them I get an error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ru playing\manage.php on line 13

I do the following in my script:

function doDB() {

global $conn;

//connect to server and select database; you may need it

$conn = mysql_connect("localhost", "user", "password") or die(mysql_error());

mysql_select_db("ruplaying",$conn) or die(mysql_error());

}

Of course I am using my userid and password.

The database is spelled corretly. Why would I be getting this area.

Is the code different when using dreamweaver? I used a site to set this up in dreamweaver? Does mysql.exe need to be in the path statement. I also found out I have to do to c:\wamp\mysql\bin to create tables and databases or use phpadmin.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Dee

I installed mysql, using wamp. I created a php script using dreamweaver. I can see my database and tables, but when I do a call to them I get an error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ru playing\manage.php on line 13

function doDB() {

global $conn;

}

Is the code different when using dreamweaver?  I used a site to set this up in dreamweaver?  Does mysql.exe need to be in the path statement.  I also found out I have to do to c:\wamp\mysql\bin to create tables and databases or use phpadmin.

Thanks

Dee

249214[/snapback]

Let me ask you a question. In dream weaver you can setup a connection to your database by using the database connection option under applications. When you do this it, it will setup a connect.php file under connects. And then it sounds like you are trying to access your db with your self made script..

• 2 weeks later...

function doDB() {

global $conn;

}

Is the code different when using dreamweaver?  I used a site to set this up in dreamweaver?  Does mysql.exe need to be in the path statement.  I also found out I have to do to c:\wamp\mysql\bin to create tables and databases or use phpadmin.

Thanks

Dee

249214[/snapback]

Ok do this... make a .php page say "info.php"

then inside the file put

<?php

phpinfo();

?>

Then go there in your webbrowser... If you can see a section about mysql then this is not your problem, but I suspect from that error message that php is not set up to support mysql....this might be of use

http://www.siteinaweek.com/installphp5/howto.php

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.