PHP method to input text into an input box

Perad

I know you can use value. But value doesn't show up on firefox. It also removes itself when the user selects the input box.

I want to call data from the database and display it in an input box so a user can edit and change it. Does anyone know how i can do this?

Retrieve the specific data from your database and display it using the appropriate form type as shown below.  It will show up with any browser.

[code]<input type="text" name="something" value="<?php echo $something;?>"/>[/code]

[code]<textarea rows="5" cols="30" name="something"><?php echo $something;?></textarea>[/code]

After the user changes the displayed data and submits the form, read the new value of 'something' and UPDATE the appropriate row of your database table.

Without seeing any of your code, it's difficult to be more specific about solving your problem.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.