Just released my new portfolio!

colmustard

Hey guys,

I just released my new portfolio which I think is a much cleaner and easier to navigate upgrade from my last one. I  havn't had much of a chance to test it out extensively so please let me know if you come across anything odd. I know for one thing that many of the animations won't work in all browsers because they are mostly in css3 and jquery. This is also the first site I've built on an mvc framework outside of a team environment so I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something, cheers!

new site - http://mattrheault.com

old site - http://mjrportfolio.com

Very nice transformation from the old design to the new one. Just amazing design! I too, did not see anything wrong or something that I didn't liked with it!

Edit - Got confused on the links. I actually like the old design better!

Very nice transformation from the old design to the new one. Just amazing design! I too, did not see anything wrong or something that I didn't liked with it!

Edit - Got confused on the links. I actually like the old design better!

The main idea behind the new design is to be less cluttered and easier to navigate, I just felt my old site was a little too bloated. I personally like the new design better but ofc it's more recent and I tend to grow tired of my older work.

But to each his own right?

I like your new design than old one. It looks nice.  Usually designers make their personal website with lot of art works with highlighting colors but you selected a good color combination.  The background image seems good and attractive.

• You can place the navigation menu on some other place to get attention. Its light in color and on top.
  • You can reduce the content in About Me and put a read more link.
  • You can try a background color inside About me, Welcome to your site etc. Because now the text color and background color seems similar & not able to read the text easily.
  • Also better to use bullets or images for bottom in the Consulting, Services section with details link.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.