Profile cleanup

Currently there are 39503 members in the database.

My estimation is that 75% of this are 'dead' profiles.

This is only a minor issue, but I would suggest removing profiles that haven't replied in say 6 months and have less than 10 posts. That should cleanup at least 90% of the dead profiles. I actually saw a lot of profiles in there that signed up two years ago and don't have a single post to their name.

Like I said, only a minor issue, but should be easily fixed, and maybe even worth a monthly cron job.

[quote author=redbullmarky link=topic=111424.msg451627#msg451627 date=1160768806]
[quote author=fenway link=topic=111424.msg451624#msg451624 date=1160768384]
Agreed... in general, one should never delete anything that has actually happened.  EVER.
[/quote]
unless it involves your mistress, a camcorder and a wife who's a dab hand with a machete.
[/quote]
But that never happened, right?

[quote author=redbullmarky link=topic=111424.msg451627#msg451627 date=1160768806]
[quote author=fenway link=topic=111424.msg451624#msg451624 date=1160768384]
Agreed... in general, one should never delete anything that has actually happened.  EVER.
[/quote]
unless it involves your mistress, a camcorder and a wife who's a dab hand with a machete.
[/quote]
oh snap!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.