Posted 14 October 2006 - 12:46 AM
Okay, here are the changes:
1) New design. Very crisp, IMO. White, grey, and teal but I like it, and alot of members liked it.
2) All of the source code has been re-done, using Switch Cases and other stuff.
3) New features. Now I know that most all of you won't want to register to see some of these...but it is mainly just admin/mod/author functions, and a private message system. Nothing big there.
So just tell me what you think
Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:21 AM
The left menu is way too long for my liking. I would have a collapsable menu or a page specific larger menu.
I dont know if you are trying to keep pages sizes small or easy to update - but the site is a bit shy on graphics.
Passwords should be in the password format. I dont want anyone beside me seeing me type the password for registering.
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'reilly', 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'steve', 'e10adc3949ba59abbe56e057f20f883e', '1'' at line 2Apparently I was wrong about it been put well togethor!!
The details I used for registering were:
Awwwh - more problems :-/
Once I change my surname, registered and logged in, and tried to send a message to myself, using these details:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'asdasd','asdasdasd <h1>asdasd</h1>asdasdasd')' at line 2
I'll let you fix these bugs.
Posted 14 October 2006 - 02:56 PM
Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:12 PM
also on those errors. Still in the process of fixing them. Everything is in Case which makes the problem area easy to find, but within that is OOP which I am not so hot at Took forever to get working right, so now it is taking forever to fix la problem
Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:50 AM
[attachment deleted by admin]
Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:26 AM
Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:49 AM
I don't guite agree with the colour scheme though... It's a bit monotone, and the green has a bit boring tone... You could do with a logo, too.
Some other, more minor issues:
- The size of the login input fields is different in FF and IE. Neither look very good, but if you take the way it looks in FF, and align the fields/labels, it would.
- Top navigation is a bit off.
- The search input is not vertically aligned. Also the size is not the same in IE and FF. Looks better in FF.
- Validation: 3 fatal errors, 13 warnings.
- What Daniel0 and freakus_maximus note is visible only in IE.
Definite improvement, none the less.
Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:22 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users