LAMPGeekz Source

steelmanronald06

Sorry for the cheesy title. That is what I am calling the new redesign on my site.

Okay, here are the changes:

1) New design. Very crisp, IMO.  White, grey, and teal but I like it, and alot of members liked it.

2) All of the source code has been re-done, using Switch Cases and other stuff.

3) New features.  Now I know that most all of you won't want to register to see some of these...but it is mainly just admin/mod/author functions, and a private message system.  Nothing big there.

So just tell me what you think :)

http://lampgeekz.netgeekz.net/

Looks ok and well put togethor.

The left menu is way too long for my liking. I would have a collapsable menu or a page specific larger menu.

I dont know if you are trying to keep pages sizes small or easy to update - but the site is a bit shy on graphics.

Passwords should be in the password format. I dont want anyone beside me seeing me type the password for registering.

Oh! -(
[code]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'reilly', 'sburke@burkesys.com', 'steve', 'e10adc3949ba59abbe56e057f20f883e', '1'' at line 2[/code]
Apparently I was wrong about it been put well togethor!!
The details I used for registering were:
[quote]steve
o'reilly
sburke@burkesys
etc.
etc.[/quote]

Awwwh - more problems :-/
Once I change my surname, registered and logged in, and tried to send a message to myself, using these details:
[quote]To: steve
Subkject: "asdasd'asdasd
<h1>asdasd</h1>asdasdasd[/quote]

I got:
[code]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'asdasd','asdasdasd <h1>asdasd</h1>asdasdasd')' at line 2[/code]

I'll let you fix these bugs.

-steve

So you got an error on registration and in the subject on the PM system because of the " and the ' characters?  okay.  I had tested the message part and stuff, and knew that that worked, and html characters is stripped out on the PM system  (BTW), so I will fix those.  Thanks for testing that :)

The layout can certainly be called an improvement. Congrats.

I don't guite agree with the colour scheme though... It's a bit monotone, and the green has a bit boring tone... You could do with a logo, too.

Some other, more minor issues:

- The size of the login input fields is different in FF and IE. Neither look very good, but if you take the way it looks in FF, and align the fields/labels, it would.
- Top navigation is a bit off.
- The search input is not vertically aligned. Also the size is not the same in IE and FF. Looks better in FF.
- Validation: 3 fatal errors, 13 warnings.
- What Daniel0 and freakus_maximus note is visible only in IE.

Definite improvement, none the less.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.