Need someone to help me with php coding

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

well 44k is a lot of text.  I picked a random php file on my computer. It's 6k and has 142 lines of code in it.  I will certainly not look through 7 times that many lines.

I'm sorry, but we cannot help you unless you show some code.  If you know absolutely nothing about php to the point that you don't even know the problem area of your code, then perhaps you would be better off making a post in the freelance forum asking for help.  If you wish to nonetheless ask here, you need to put forth a bit more effort than what you're giving.  You said you added a little portal and things went wrong.  Why not start there. Go to that part of your code.

post what you feel is the relevant part of your code.  cut/paste it. don't try to make an attachment. nobody is going to download and read 44k worth of code. 

or ask for help in the freelance forum (you did not mention freelance anywhere in your posts, btw). please read the freelance forum rules before posting.

If you want the free version of help, then you're going to have to make an effort on your end. You are not making an effort. All you are doing is trying to post all of your code and have someone sort through all of it.  Or trying to email it to people. Or get them to download it.  The point is, you are asking for the free version of help, but you are expecting the paid version of help instead. 

This forum is not here for people who know absolutely nothing whatsoever who decided to fiddle with something and ended up breaking something, and then shoving the whole thing in our faces and saying here, fix it.  We are here for people who are trying to learn something, and are having issues with a bug or logic or something. 

If you are looking to shove the whole shebang into someone's face, then more than likely you are going to have to pay for it.  Your best option is to post in the freelance forum here (or elsewhere), and hell, even post it as unpaid, and maybe someone will take pity on you and do it for free.  I doubt it, but hey, you never know. 

You are free to go to some other board if you like, but I garauntee you will find yourself being told the same thing.  I'm not trying to be rude or unfriendly; that's simply the way things are.  You can call up a mechanic and if you tell him what kind of funny noises your car is making, he might give you some advice or tell you what might be the problem for free, but if you take your car to him and hand him the keys and say here, fix it, you should expect a bill.  That's just the way things are.

Regards,

CV

I understand perfectly well that you don't know what part is relevant.  I just don't think you understand your options, as far as getting help without knowing anything about it.  You will [i]not[/i] get help in this forum by posting your entire code, or PMing someone, or emailing it to someone.  You [i]may[/i] get help by posting in the freelance forum.  You [i]will probably[/i] have a better chance of someone helping if you offer to pay for their services.  [i]More than likely[/i] you will get the same response no matter where you go. 

As far as I'm concerned, this discussion is over.  It seems as though you are in agreement, so this thread is closed.

Good luck.

CV