app price in latinamerica

tendouser

I'm developing 2 web HTML web forms for a restaurant here in Panamá.  I need a PHP to handle data on the server.

How much should I charge for this?

I gave them an estimated for $400.00.

Also some HTML and images maintenance and design.

I need someone with experience to comment on this ASAP.

Thank you very much from Central America, Panamá.

I don't think anyone can speak to what your local market will bear, other than developers in your area.  What is most important is that you have a good working list of all the items, and that you have done an internal estimation of the number of hours you expect will be required for you to deliver all the work.  Then you will have a general idea base on whatever hourly rate you're attempting to work to, of items. 

Developers tend to underestimate, or work off of "ideal time" so it's usually good to figure in an additional factor. 

If this scope of work is going to take you by your estimate 16 hours to complete, then you might want to add another 20% onto that estimate.  Again this is for your benefit, and unrelated to the client, but if you look at the number of things you have to do and the amount of time it's going to take you, you at least will have a good idea of whether or not your quote is way off.  Of course in this case it's way too late, but you want to have an agreement in place with them that specifies the things that you will deliver, so that you don't end up with client-based scope creep where they start adding on a lot of bells and whistles and changes as you work on it.

You also typically want to figure on a review/acceptance phase, where they may ask for you to do re-work.

For a small project like this, it may be worth it to you to take a bath on the price, simply in order to build up your portfolio, and gain a reference. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.