Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

play_

Permission in windows servers

I am trying to write to a file, but it says i do no thave persmission.
it's a windows server. so there is no chmod. anyone know a solution to this?

Make sure the folder you are writting to is not read only. If your server is IIS then I think you need to set some permissions. I'm not sure though.

oh man.
would i check through FTP? on my FTP Client, if you right-click a folder or file, you can set chmod.
but i've never had to deal with a windows server before

Are you renting webspace of off a webhost that uses a windows server? If you do then I'd recommend you to send an email to your host and see what they say. Also do you know what server is running on the windows box (for example IIS or Apache or other).

[quote author=wildteen88 link=topic=111505.msg452143#msg452143 date=1160930529]
Are you renting webspace of off a webhost that uses a windows server? If you do then I'd recommend you to send an email to your host and see what they say. Also do you know what server is running on the windows box (for example IIS or Apache or other).
[/quote]

I don't nkow. this isn't for me, it's for someone else. I'll have to email his host and ask.
Thanks though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.