[SOLVED] [Solved] cron

R1der

I dont know if i am in the right place to post this.

Ok i am trying to run a cron but keep getting a error come in my inbox. i am very new to using crons.

This is the error

/home/lostcity/public_html/crons/cron24r.php: line 1: ?: No such file or directory/home/lostcity/public_html/crons/cron24r.php: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `('/home/lostcity/public_html/crons/cron24r.php: line 2: `$db->query("UPDATE users SET uAttackTurns=uAttackTurns+2 WHERE uAttackTurns<uAttackTurnsMax AND (uType=1 OR uType=2)");

This is my code

[code]<?
$db->query("UPDATE users SET uAttackTurns=uAttackTurns+2 WHERE uAttackTurns<uAttackTurnsMax AND (uType=1 OR uType=2)");
?>[/code]

Any ideas?

if you're trying to run the file directly in a CRON, you need to add this line to the top:

[code]#!/usr/bin/php -q
<?php
// php here
?>[/code]

this tells the command line to parse the following PHP code with the php engine (as far as i know), in quiet mode which suppresses the headers.  the /usr/bin/php might need to change depending on your hosting setup.  check phpinfo() for the proper path if this doesn't work.

[quote author=akitchin link=topic=111511.msg451954#msg451954 date=1160863637]
if you're trying to run the file directly in a CRON, you need to add this line to the top:

[code]#!/usr/bin/php -q
<?php
// php here
?>[/code]

this tells the command line to parse the following PHP code with the php engine (as far as i know), in quiet mode which suppresses the headers.  the /usr/bin/php might need to change depending on your hosting setup.  check phpinfo() for the proper path if this doesn't work.
[/quote]

So i add that to crontab.txt or cron24r.php?

And thx for the replys

Well i just did what akitchin said.

[quote]if you're trying to run the file directly in a CRON, you need to add this line to the top:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/php -q
<?php
// php here
?>

[/quote]

But it worked fine for a few days then i started getting another error in my mailbox

This is the error

Error in argument 1, char 3: option not found Usage: php [-q] [-h] [-s] [-v] [-i] [-f <file>]        php <file> [args...]  -a              Run interactively  -C              Do not chdir to the script's directory  -c <path>|<file> Look for php.ini file in this directory  -n              No php.ini file will be used  -d foo[=bar]    Define INI entry foo with value 'bar'  -e              Generate extended information for debugger/profiler  -f <file>        Parse <file>.  Implies `-q'  -h              This help  -i              PHP information  -l              Syntax check only (lint)  -m              Show compiled in modules  -q              Quiet-mode.  Suppress HTTP Header output.  -s              Display colour syntax highlighted source.  -v              Version number  -w              Display source with stripped comments and whitespace.  -z <file>        Load Zend extension <file>.

Anyone understand this? If so any ideas to fix it?

Thanks for your time

as far as i know, it means that it thinks 'q' is an option that doesn't exist.  i've gotten that error before and frankly, i don't know why it comes back seeing as in the usage explanation it clearly shows 'q' as a legit option.

someone who's good with linux command line care to help out here?

I'm afraid I don't see the -q switch in my php -h, and don't see any flags to enable when you ./configure, am I missing something?

And out of curiosity, why do we need to suppress headers? Are there even going to be any headers sent, since it's being run through the CLI?

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.