Another if Issue

vicdesigns

This one is pretty weird. I hope someone here can shed some light on it because it has me completely baffled.

Basically, I want to give the admin the option to disable or enable a footer link.

Here is the parameter:

$params["show_footer"]     = isset($_POST['show_footer']) ? prepare_input($_POST['show_footer']) : $objSettings->GetParameter("show_footer");

The settings code:

<tr>
			<td align="left" width="150px">'._SHOW_FOOTER.':</td>
			<td align="left" colspan="2">
				<select name="show_footer">
					<option '.(($params["show_footer"] == "1") ? "selected" : "").' value="1">'._YES.'</option>
					<option '.(($params["show_footer"] == "0") ? "selected" : "").' value="0">'._NO.'</option>
				</select>					
			</td>
		</tr>

And, the code to either disable or enable the footer text:

if($objSettings->GetParameter("show_footer") != "1"){
echo '<br><br><font color="#FFFFFF">Footer Text Here.';}
else {
echo '<br><br>';};?>

What has me stumped is, in the admin settings, if I select Yes (to allow the footer to be displayed) the footer is disabled. If I select No, it is enabled. I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

This says if the value is NOT 1, show the 'footer text here' block, which is the opposite of what it appears you want done as indicated by your <select> field . . .

if($objSettings->GetParameter("show_footer") != "1") {
     echo '<br><br><font color="#FFFFFF">Footer Text Here.'; 
} else {
     echo '<br><br>';
}
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.