Help on creating user pages. . .

ryan.od

Just wondering if anyone can point me to a tutorial or even a discussion of how to create user pages for registered users? What I am shooting for is for each registered user to get their own unique page they can upload images to and generally customize.

I realize this is a complicated endeavor and I am new to PHP, but as I work to figure out a way to do this, I was just wondering where I could read about others who have already pulled it off.

Thanks for your suggestions / help.

[quote author=ryan.od link=topic=111534.msg452021#msg452021 date=1160887423]
I realize this is a complicated endeavor
[/quote]
doing this wouldn't be very complex you would just need a HTML form in which the user would put in their HTML code and and a PHP script could take the HTML and make it into a file.

if I were you I would start with something small and work your way up. to make it fully customizable would be quite hard. i would make certin things customizable, like the color scheme etc. you could have the images but just note.... start off small if you are new to php.

there are two tutorials on the phpfreaks main website.  hit "tutorials," then "PHPFreaks tutorials," then look under "Membership Systems."  keep in mind however that these tutorials are old, and should be regarded with caution where coding practices are concerned.  i wrote one of them myself, and know that the code could be much cleaner, but they should give you a general idea of what's involved.

google the phrase "php membership system tutorial" or something similar.  i can't help but think there must be tons of them online.  and i'm sure google is more than happy to find them for you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.