Ideas for site

gdbwb05

I have a site and would really love some constructive criticism to help me along with the dev of this site. The site is http://www.spiffiedeals.com/ . (I know) its been a project more to learn the Drupal cms. The goal is to have this site user driven but location based. I have had it up since last fall and I have changed the design a few times as I have learned more about Drupal. I think I have the area section of the site worked out the way I am want it (spiffiedeals.com/area). However, I am really not sure on how I would want to setup the group section (spiffiedeals.com/group). My main goal is to bring in some sort of map and having it location based. I know one problem is the html and css ... I am going to work on that once I get a design I like.

Thanks for any help or suggestions to get me along.

Most difficult part of your concept is getting users to submit when they see a deal. I know its supposed to be like "hey let's all help each other" but in reality you'll likely havta give people an incentive to take the time to post a blurb about a deal they've found.

Thanks, i will keep it in mind with the user points.  I was thinking of maybe doing what digg has on other sites where someone would digg it on one site and then have it list it on mine. if this would ever get going. plus, i would have to figure out how to set that feature up.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.