Looking for websites with good php tutorials

silverglade

Hi, I am having a major problem with finding really bad, outdated, and overall poorly coded tutorials. I was wondering if anyone knows of any websites where I can find tutorials that have reliable code with decent explanations? I am trying to teach myself PHP and it is hard. any help greatly appreciated. thank you.

Thanks very much Thorpe. That book looks so good I wrote the link down in all my php books. LOL. I wish it were on paper, I like to read paper books, but it might be too large for a real book. Just like the php manual is too large. Thank you for that! You are right about the tutorials, I need to be able to understand why I am doing what I'm doing, but I got sick of learning syntax so started on a project with tutorials. I actually didn't do too bad. I now have a working simple registration and login system with a database of users. But it was basically all hacked together from tutorials like a frankenstein. LOL. Thanks for the book.

haha! that is the book I just quit reading when I started on this whole tutorial frankenstein hacking trip. LOL! Ok I will go back to the books, I have a few. Then hopefully when I come back I will understand what people are writing as if it were English. I do feel good that I have a working system now, it is really fun to play with. But it was like using a calculator to do your math for you. Or even worse, having someone else use the calculator to do the math for you. LMAO. thank you!

I just read some of the database and sql sections of my books, and I don't think I could have come up with how to make the registration and login by myself without seeing the tutorials. Maybe next time I will try to do it from scratch. It is tempting to google for tutorials though and just google the parts of the tutorial I don't understand. Not sure though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.