Please help me learn

knowram

I  am trying to learn how to build a multi column dynamic list. At lest that is what I am going to call it. The apple widget browser is the only example that I have been able to find. Here is the link to check it out.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/

I am sorry if this is not a php question but the more I dig into trying to figure it out it seems like a combination of everything is needed to pull it off. Any information anyone can give me would be great. This has been my holy grail for months now.

This really isn't all that hard, but using php you are going to get a page refresh each time you click a column.  This really would be better done with more server-side power than php can give you.  I'd use AJAX with a php backup for people with javascript disabled.

My first thought would be to do it as a dropdown POST form then pull the second and third columns from database queries.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.