PHP Inside Javascript?

XRS

After reading some threads around the net I can't find a situable solutions for this.

In my script I want to use a javascript code ( external source from another website ) and there's a JS variable with an ID ( the user ID in the other website).

In my script I have the ID stored in the DB and I want to insert it in the javascript by the ID listed in the DB ( that can be changed, so there's the PHP needed )

The JS code:

<script>
var siteID = 11111;

all rest of code
</script>

How can I change the value of siteID in JS for the one I want? Lets say I would like something like:

var siteID = <?php GetOtherSiteID(); ?>;

This seems no to be possible. There's any sugestion?

After reading some threads around the net I can't find a situable solutions for this.

In my script I want to use a javascript code ( external source from another website ) and there's a JS variable with an ID ( the user ID in the other website).

In my script I have the ID stored in the DB and I want to insert it in the javascript by the ID listed in the DB ( that can be changed, so there's the PHP needed )

The JS code:

<script>
var siteID = 11111;

all rest of code
</script>

How can I change the value of siteID in JS for the one I want? Lets say I would like something like:

var siteID = <?php GetOtherSiteID(); ?>;

This seems no to be possible. There's any sugestion?

Does the php have line breaks in it?

http://www.the-art-of-web.com/php/javascript-escape/

No, there's no line breaks. I'ts a simple function that return a number from the DB.

In this case, adfly API tool javascript code.. It have a ID you have to use, but another user have another ID.

That ID is defined in the DB instead of edit it manually.

Any ideas?

<script>
var siteID = <?php echo GetOtherSiteID(); ?>;

all rest of code
</script>

//EDIT

If your javascript is stored in an external file, which I shall assume it is not since you used script tags, save it as a php file (.php) and add a javascript content-type header ( header('content-type: text/javascript'); ) and you can run php in the javascript file.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.