Dreamwever transition

Maknib

Hi guys,

i have been coding html and css and some php for a i little while now and thought i would try to find a group to work with and get experience, i have a meeting tomorrow.

one question on the phone that was asked was do i know dreamweaver...

i do all my sites in either  notepad++, phpDesigner or other various IDE/Texteditors

having never used dreamweaver would this be Hard for me to transition into?

could i say yes i can use dreamweaver or is there more to it i should learn that i wouldn't know from actually hard coding?

I would say I am not a big fan of it. And say why I don't use it.

For designing (css html) it creates the ugliest code there is. That's why we don't use wysiwyg editors and instead use tools like firebug to test it.

As far as coding php. I have no idea how well it is (in suggesting, and debugging). I always use netbeans and we even have a whole sticky for: what editor do you use? Most use something different than dreamweaver. But if they want you to use it, well I can't imagine it will be hard.

Keep in mind in the end it's your brain that creates the code not the computer or some piece of software, how cool expensive it might be. So if you have better experience with other IDE's i would say you rather use that. If they don't take you because you don't like it. Get a bottle of champagne and celebrate that you made a right choice not working for them.

I would say I am not a big fan of it. And say why I don't use it.

For designing (css html) it creates the ugliest code there is. That's why we don't use wysiwyg editors and instead use tools like firebug to test it.

As far as coding php. I have no idea how well it is (in suggesting, and debugging). I always use netbeans and we even have a whole sticky for: what editor do you use? Most use something different than dreamweaver. But if they want you to use it, well I can't imagine it will be hard.

Keep in mind in the end it's your brain that creates the code not the computer or some piece of software, how cool expensive it might be. So if you have better experience with other IDE's i would say you rather use that. If they don't take you because you don't like it. Get a bottle of champagne and celebrate that you made a right choice not working for them.

6 pick of beer i think.. and yes i used it once back when it was still macromedia dreamweaver and i got turned off from the <BODY><HEAD><TR><BR> caps tags

but cheers i think i'll tell them that yeah i want to use notepad++ or something

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.