Learning Zend

unemployment

What's the fastest way to learn the Zend Framework?  Any good video tutorial series out there?  Do you also like using the Dojo integration?  How does jQuery work with the framework?

I really want to be able to learn how to build things quickly and after download the Zend Framework I am very overwhelmed.  I could use a little hand holding to get me started.

Zend Framework Manual

Zend Framework APIDOC

Apress Books

Zend Training

PHP Architect Books

ZendCasts Video Tutorials

Vikram Vaswani's Zend Framework A Beginner's Guide

Rob Allen's Zend Framework in Action his website with updated material

If you want help

Zend Framework's General Mailing List

Zend Framework IRC channel - #zftalk on freenode.net (link)

If you have an existing project, converting it and refactoring it would be a good basic project

I'm not that great at php.  Should I still use Zend? 

You could, but I probably wouldn't recommend it. You need a decent understanding of OOP (on top of PHP) to get up and running with Zend.

I'm not that great at php.  Should I still use Zend? 

You could, but I probably wouldn't recommend it. You need a decent understanding of OOP (on top of PHP) to get up and running with Zend.

I guess I'll easy my way into it then.  I don't have a good understanding of OOP yet.  Well, I know how it works, but I just don't know the syntax. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.