Membership System

jasper182

Hello,  I am looking at building a membership system for my web site and I was wondering if there was any good tutorials or premade packages out there that I could use.  I feel that I could build everything myself except the email notification system would give me problems.  If you could help point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it greatly.  Thanks

Well, I would like to send them a verification email, but I'm not sure how to link it back to my system.  Thats the thing thats giving me the biggest problem.  I've used systems like that many times, but I'm not sure how the links are created and used when they are emailed to your account

Quite simple. GET or URL variables. Example:

You send this link to an email:

http://site.com/activate.php?user_id=3&activation_code=3434363534

When they create an account, create an activation code, store in within their field in your users' table, and send them an email with their newly created id and activation code.

id = mysql_insert_id();
activation_code = rand();

It's all logic my friend...

Enjoy.

[quote author=jasper182 link=topic=111732.msg452948#msg452948 date=1161060659]
Well that makes perfect sense, and I'm a little embarassed I didn't think of that.  Thank you very much for your help. ;D
[/quote]

It's understandable. I've got a relative amount of experience (4 years)...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.