satisfaction answer

hi, I've been looking at many posts. I've found that lots of them been answered but they are still open and somewhat is wasting time of the people who want to help thinking the posts have not been answer. I wonder (it might already been in place) if there some sort of enforcing authors to close the post after getting answer to the problem???

hehehe.........

thanks

if there some sort of enforcing authors to close the post after getting answer to the problem???

How are we supposed to automatically detect that a question has been answered?

There is no way to "force" an author to mark a topic as solved, because whether or not it is solved is arbitrary and completely up to the author.  There is no way to write a script that can automatically decide whether or not the topic is solved.  Nor can we "force" someone to do it by other means....  threatening something like warnings or a ban is unrealistic and IMO just stupid. 

hi, I've been looking at many posts. I've found that lots of them been answered but they are still open and somewhat is wasting time of the people who want to help thinking the posts have not been answer. I wonder (it might already been in place) if there some sort of enforcing authors to close the post after getting answer to the problem???

hehehe.........

thanks

this is a site for "volunteers" to answer questions that members have. Most of these people ansering questions check here between work breaks etc..Forcing someone to mark a topic as solved is ludacris and doesn't make sense...I must admit that sometimes it is annoying to not know whether or not a topic has been solved or not, but the admins here at phpfreaks have kindly placed a "Topic Solved" button in the lower left hand of each thread for the OP to mark as solved for other members notification. Whether they choose to use it is up to them. If you really would like people to use it more, perhaps you can advise newer members as to where this button is....

ouchie spicy... maybe i used the wrong word... when i wrote enforced I was thinking more like reminding... I didn't mean to make it looks like you guys haven't done enough, it's completely the opposite... Hey Maq that would be a one heckic super complex script to write, wouldn't it!!!

But I do realize that the responsibility totally rested on the author of the post to decide whether the question has recieved a 'satisfaction anwer' and then close. I thought a friendly reminder would help because we do forget when we got the answer to the question :) to close the post and there's no reason for warning or ban or IOM cuz that's just stupid. And AK47, thanks for the suggestion, how do I do that?

Hey Maq that would be a one heckic super complex script to write, wouldn't it!!!

It certainly would ;P

I thought a friendly reminder would help because we do forget when we got the answer to the question

Yep, and there is actually some ongoing staff deliberation on how to improve this issue.

Forcing someone to mark a topic as solved is ludacris and doesn't make sense

Yeah, Ludacris doesn't make much sense to me either.

lol... ;D

And AK47, thanks for the suggestion, how do I do that?

do what? tell members where the button is?

Hey Maq that would be a one heckic super complex script to write, wouldn't it!!!

It certainly would ;P

I thought a friendly reminder would help because we do forget when we got the answer to the question

Yep, and there is actually some ongoing staff deliberation on how to improve this issue.

oh kk nice, that's awesome  :D

You can mark this topic solved if you want :P

well since the satisfaction is determined solely at my own digression, then i say, it's not yet been solved satisfactorily!!! :P

hehe well, i don't wanna be warned, or baned, or IOM so i'ma mark it as solved!!! ;D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.