Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grega_

Block and unblock all ports on wireless router

Hello.
I'm making a function in php that will block and unblock all ports on my wireless router butt i don't find anithnig about this.

Can anybody please help me?

Grega

I'd suggest starting at the Router Manufacturer's website.  Find out some technical information about your router first, like if it's even possible.  Most wireless routers run a small webserver (usually built on a linux distribution of somekind) so they can run a web interface for configuration purposes.  The likelihood of it running php I'd have thought are probably, minimal, but it's not beyond belief.

Also, if you're new to PHP I wouldn't advise embarking on this as your first project.

Regards
Huggie

Ok i undestand this won't work with router because i will use diferent routers on diferent locations location. How about monitoring the network and block internet from one computer?

Again, this is functionality provided by most wireless routers already.  I suggest reading the manual thoroughly before posting here.

My Linksys Wireless router allows me to block traffic on specific ports, allow certain machines access to the Internet at certain times, monitor network traffic and who's connected and send what when etc.

Regards
Huggie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.