CakePHP Validation

Hi,

I have a form which has a foreach loop that loops through a database full of questions based on the questionniare they have selected to answer and builds the form/questionnaire like so:

field1

field2

field3

but the next form might have 6 questions.

How can I run a validation routine within the model that loops through any number of fields and does a notEmpty on each one.

I know I can use <?php var $validate array() ?> but this makes you name all of the field names???

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

I don' t quite follow, the form should have fields matching the fields in the database, so your model should be easy to set up validation based on the fields.  Perhaps the DB is not designed correctly.  Can you give a better example of exactly what you are trying to do? It sounds like you may need a many to many, but we'd need more details.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.