Restricted folder by $_SESSION

etrader

I created a session by a login page, and limited the pages by adding this condition to every page

if(!isset($_SESSION['level'])){
echo"You are not authorized to visit this page";		
}

This works perfectly for every single page, but how I can use it for an entire folder like admin folder ?

I just gave you a tip, I didn't do the work for you, so you don't just "put the code somewhere".

echo that variable to see what you get while inside one of the admin folders. Then you can figure out how to protect the folders by splitting the result and adding another $_SESSION check.

Or you can create a file which checks if the user has the correct permissions of the various files and just include it at the start of each file.

Dirty I know, but it works!!!

<edit>Sorry, posted that at the same time.  Great minds thing alike!!</edit>

It seems there is no way to do so. I am currently doing what ZulfadlyAshBurn said. I was looking for a way NOT to edit every single php file in my admin folder. I was looking to make a rule for the entire folder, not every single page.

WebStyles, I did not ask you to make it work for me. I just asked you to clarify your tip, as apparently you did not get my issue.

Anyway, thank folks! :)

I was looking to make a rule for the entire folder, not every single page.

Easily done with .htaccess  and a bootstrap file. The .htaccess takes any request to the admin folder and redirects to say bootstrap.php. The bootstrap will then parse the request, include the proper file and you can have all the code inside that file that needs to be included on all of those files.

RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^admin/(.*).php$ bootstrap.php?page=$1 [L]

Is a rough example and may need tweaking, but there you go.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.