coding this layout, how

Ninjakreborn

http://www.freelancebusinessman.com/temp
The one with mech in the title.
I am thinking of using that one as my admin, but using css, is there a way to code that type of layout, and still allow content to go downwards, I never thought about coding something like this, any advice.
The main thing I was looking for are some tips to help me bring it together where I can still have text that can expand, instead of being restricted by the layout, I had that problem with
www.hasbadservice.com/useradmin/admintemplate.php  That one was restricted, the layout can't expand because of the brorders, but it's going to be even worse on the mech one?
Any advice?

[quote]The one with mech in the title.[/quote]

The link takes me to a directory listing with two images - neither of has mech in the title. Both look as though they could be done in a few minutes. Quite what you mean by content that goes downwards is beyond me. Doesn't all content go down the page  ???

[quote author=businessman332211 link=topic=111806.msg453265#msg453265 date=1161108197]
http://www.freelancebusinessman.com/temp
The one with mech in the title.
I am thinking of using that one as my admin, but using css, is there a way to code that type of layout, and still allow content to go downwards, I never thought about coding something like this, any advice.
The main thing I was looking for are some tips to help me bring it together where I can still have text that can expand, instead of being restricted by the layout, I had that problem with
www.hasbadservice.com/useradmin/admintemplate.php  That one was restricted, the layout can't expand because of the brorders, but it's going to be even worse on the mech one?
Any advice?
[/quote]
Thats just plain bulls**t

Your admin layout you are currently doing (the green one) can make the content go "downwards". Its that youre using whole images for the backgrounds/borders. If you use whole images then you are constraining yourself. Use sections of images for the layout you are doing.

In order to do the layout correctly you need to learn how to slice the image up properly. You need to work out the sizes of the images and what images you need.

I recently realized that, I picked up those skills recently.  I started using curvy corner's where I could as you suggested, and I learnt how to use images as borders, to help me with the issue of having it work like that, I am still exploring some of those options, but thanks, I am on the right track for that currently.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.