advice

I think that with all the php programmers, maybe some people could build some new features into the forum.

Just to let you know, if there is anything I can do for phpfreaks.com itself, or anything related to the programming/backend, like building in new features, or adding new sections, I will do it all for free in my spare time, it's one way I can offer to give back.

Another thing, if you had a huge to-do list of programming related stuff needing done to the site, you can pass the list onto me, what you want me to do, and in my spare time I can program on it, for free.  Just let me know if you need anything.

Sorry... but that right is reserved for admins only, and even then there are hoops to jump through that involve modifying anything on this site or these forums.  And we're not building new features into the forum!  I don't know how many times I can say that before it gets through to everyone.

i think what everyone's trying to say is "thanks, but no thanks."  sensitivity of the data is one thing, but trust is another; we leave the "admin"-ing to those who are trusted to have the responsibility, sensibility and most of all, skill to accomplish it.  you don't fit into that category.  keep in mind this category is so slim that there are only 3 admins on a site of bazillions, but i'm not going to make it seem like you miss it by a hair.  or even a parsec.

furthermore, we all help out for free.  it's nice to know you're willing to work for free, but nobody on this site gets paid.

thanks anyhoo.

excellent!  i'm actually a chemist-to-be by training, but physics nearly serenaded me into its faculty.  i settled for physical chemistry, a happy median of the two disciplines.

with your utter and total command of MySQL, i doubt it will be long before you manage to make the kind of spaceship with sensitive enough feedback mechanisms and speedy enough thrusters that you can safely travel through one of them einstein-rosen bridges without having the conduit collapse on you (pardon my poor terminology).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.