Development Logs

Hi Guy,

I was looking through the forums and I always thought that a log would be awsome. IF someone was developing a software they can make their own thread in the "Software Log" or what the name may be, and they can update everyone on their progress and we can give them advice along the way.

Thank you./

It's been discussed before, but I don't think it'll be added. It's still worth talking about though. I know a few of the staff members had some projects that they've been working on that could be thrown in there as well.

Similar to this topic in a way, but I think in your case, perhaps the beta forums would be more appropriate than freelancing.

Along with what Philip said, there are plenty of free places to host code at and issues / discussions at which offer much for the OS programmer, such as versioning with GIT / SVN etc. You can also install 3rd party software on a server to keep track of it, Redmine / Trac / Mantis. There is also GitHub, Google Code, SourceForge plus many more.

I would think that you can feel free to discuss in the Beta section, but any issue tracking type setup should be done on your own terms, and not a place you really have no control over, at least in my opinion. That being said, feel free to post your Change Logs in the Beta section and ask people what they think would be cool for features or update people on here with it. But I would still look into the other tracking software out there.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.