Search filter

jerastraub

I am using the following select statement:

[code]$result = mysql_query("SELECT count(*) from sierratrdingpost_items WHERE PrimaryDepartmentID = '154' AND prodSku LIKE '%$search%' || prodName LIKE '%$search%' || prodDesc LIKE '%$search%' || prodBrand LIKE '%$search%' || UniqueprodSku LIKE '%$search%' || prodPrimCat LIKE '%$search%' || prodSecCat LIKE '%$search%'");[/code]

For some reason it isn't recognizing the

[code]PrimaryDepartmentID = '154'[/code]

in this statement. As I am running a database that has mens, women's and childrens clothing.

However for this site search I just want to pull the men's clothing which has a PrimaryDepartmentID of 154.

Can you tell me what i am missing here, I have messed with it and just can't get it to work right.

you've got to put parenthesis around the groupings in your where clause to tell SQL what presidence you want it to take:
[code]
SELECT count(*) from sierratrdingpost_items WHERE PrimaryDepartmentID = '154' AND (prodSku LIKE '%$search%' || prodName LIKE '%$search%' || prodDesc LIKE '%$search%' || prodBrand LIKE '%$search%' || UniqueprodSku LIKE '%$search%' || prodPrimCat LIKE '%$search%' || prodSecCat LIKE '%$search%')
[/code]

notice the parenthesis around all the sku checks. this will assure that ONE of the OR clauses is true, but the AND is always required.

good luck

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.