Sneek Peek of the opposite of Spotify

phpSensei

Me and my friend who's a designer have been working on this project for quite some time, its the opposite of Spotify, its for Movies...

Languages used: C++ and Python

Only the GUI has been developped, but it still needs some polishing. The functionality I am still working on. This will be using p2p technology for better results/

I just need to find a good codec for the video files

1773h5.png

@Businessman,

Yes, I will share with you the development source code so far if you are interessted to take a peek at it.

@Gizmola,

Thats the direction people are recommending me to go towards, but I'll see where trial and error gets me.

Any advice you guys have to offer please let me know :) Thank you

Hmm I didn't know the Joker also starred in The Event, I guess I'll have to actually go watch that movie then, eh?

haha

Actually, None of the functionality works, thats simply an image placed there not a real video. The buffering bar and everything else works fine, I think i will use the H.264 codec and test out a video on this tonight.

I implemented the Custom Gui using Qt::TranslucentBackground Flags by using setAttribute then sliced the design in photoshop, then I imported all of it into resources (images.qrc), and using widget containers  I got the custom skin working.

I got some PM's for people, so thats how its done..

However I painted most of the custom widgets, I tried using HighQualityAliasiang but theres a problem with OpenGL with QT 4.0 on my system. If anyone knows how i can implement that without having to use the system's default render engine, please let me know :(

I like Spotify. I can't wait for this to be released! :) Will I also get 20 hours of free video then? Is there also a HTTP/FTP back-up for those who don't have a near P2P network? Will it be able to work with mirrors (P2P+HTTP+..)?

haha I'm enjoying your enthusiasm.  You can get as much video time you want <3

I guess we'll just have to see, honestly it would be a little nice to get some help from other devs. I am staying up all night typing code, and researching at the same time. I think i am going to take a little vacation before going head first into the functionality and such.

Ignace, the hardest concept for me to learn was Class inheritance, until i actually sat down did some examples, but since you already have worked with c++, PYthon will be a piece of cake. Python i like alot because indenting is a requirement, thatshow nesting works with py. Its cleaner, fast, and works well with ctypes.

@KingPhilip - The android SDK is free, but to load something into the market you have to pay their 25.00 developer fee to get access to the market. So in essence you need the 25.00 anyway. Unless your throwing it on some random website and not in the market.

Ah, interesting. I wasn't aware of that. :)

It's not doing me any good yet though. I was doing pretty good with C++, then realize I need to do Java to get any really good apps developed. Then I realized the process for loading them up was a pain. So I got pissed off a took a break from android development.    Just messing around with desktop now.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.