Zend Rewrite Base?

atholon

I've just started looking into Zend Framework and glancing at the quickstart on their website I saw they used a virtual host to redirect to the public directory. What are you supposed to do if you only have access to .htaccess on a shared host?

I don't know much about mod_rewrite or any of that. I just want to send the traffic to that folder.

It's not exactly clear what you want to do, your .htaccess file needs to be in your public directory. For Zend, you need to direct all traffic (excepting images and css) to your index.php file.

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule !\.(js|ico|gif|jpg|png|css)$ index.php

Let me explain it better sometimes I am bad at making assumptions.

I have a project I just created. I am not sure if I am going to have access to httpd config to do the virtual host stuff that they recommend in Zend's quickstart so I am trying to figure out how to do it with .htaccess.

My project resides in a directory like /www/Leadership, I want to send everything to Zend's public folder in my project when they hit the Leadership directory. Maybe I am going about that the wrong way?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.