P2PMovie, video of usage.

phpSensei

Looks like a good start with the UI.  I'm sure people here will be happy to alpha test for you when you have something ready. 

I don't really like the name P2PMovie for a couple of reasons.  First off, a lot of content is not movies.  Also I think that P2P has a bad reputation these days.  Try and pick a name that you can trademark.  If you think about spotify, as your original reference point, there is perfect case study where the name doesn't include music, cloud, streaming etc.  or anything else about the tech involved.  For it to be successful you have to expect that your userbase will not be entirely techies, and all the tech jargon ends up being is a turn off.

I don't know if you have ever tried out the bt client Azuerus, but it has a lot of the same features you're planning, and it's a very mature application at this point, although it's written in java.  Definately check it out for ideas.

Thank You Gizmola, and I have been thinking about it for awhile now on the name P2PMovie, I definately agree with you. I am very bad with names and such, my friend recommended the name "ReelStream", but all these names including P2PMovie sound like a scam of some sort. I believe in time I will come up with a proper name...

I have never heard of Azerus actually, thank you for the reference point, I will check it out right now.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.