• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 breezy

breezy
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:43 PM

I'm new to Dreamweaver and am trying to create a dynamic website. Installed MySql etc. and have the connections to the database through dreamweaver set up no problem at all.

I can preview .html pages after creating the template with fireworks through localhost, however after changing page extensions to .php they preview as a blank screen??

What's going on?

Can anyone help???

Thanks,

#2 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationUK, Bournemouth

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:58 PM

Are you viewing your PHP pages in Design View to lookat your page looks like within Dreamweaver?

If so then you'll need to set up a project in Dreamweaver, if you successfully set up a project in Dreamweaver a Live Preview button should apear / activated once clicked it should process a preview of your PHP Page.

#3 breezy

breezy
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:30 PM

I've created a project site, and can view all .html pages stored with in it using the live button. I can even view php pages i.e. print out tables from a random database I created going live. However, any page where i've used a template from fireworks with .php ending cannot be seen. I've tried the <?php phpinfo() ?> (which works using bbedit with the other browsers on local host) through dreamweaver however that does not work. It just reproduces the line of code!!!

Why isn't this working properly???? Please some one put me out of my misery!!!!

#4 neylitalo

neylitalo
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,854 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:34 PM

I don't believe Dreamweaver knows how to run PHP code - and therefore will do nothing with it. If you want to see what it's going to look like, you're going to have to run it through the PHP executable (php.exe) somehow, but I'm afraid I don't know the specifics of doing that.
http://nealylitalo.net - My personal website, and home of The Netizen's Journal.

#5 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationUK, Bournemouth

Posted 06 August 2005 - 02:01 PM

neylitalo, Dreamweaver can preview .php files, but it requires you to create a project for using PHP files, if you created a project suscessfully, Dreamweaver has a button called Live Preview, which just opens a window and renders the code.

Make sutre you have the testing server settings configured, thats how I got DW to preview my PHP pages.

#6 V-Man

V-Man
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:05 PM

How do you create a project in DW? Never heard of or used that feature... :)
rtfm :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users