Can I use my existing databases with phpMyAdmin?

Guest convention

Guest convention
Recently, I've been using the MySQL monitor to manage my databases. But I've used phpMyAdmin before, and I prefer that more. The problem is, since I have existing databases that I've created with the monitor, would there be any way to 'transfer' them to phpMyAdmin?

Also, after I transfer my databases to phpMyAdmin, is it possible to delete the old ones created the monitor? Thank you!

a breakdown of MySQL:  the server itself stores databases and tables.  all the monitor does is access those stored databases and tables, and lets you add/edit/remove.  phpMyAdmin is like the monitor in this regard, and does not actually have its own database/table storage system.  everything is external to the actual server which stores the dbs.

that being said, you can install phpMyAdmin and you should see everything that's currently on the server.  you can then use phpMyAdmin from that point onward.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.