passing url variable and mkdir

beermaker74

ok i have a multi part problem. first off I have a insert record page where a user inserts user name, pass ,and a bunch of other info. that info is inserted into table A. then it takes them to the redirect page. Here is where all the questions start. What I want to do is have a url id passed so i can have access to all the data from table A. On page 2 I have another insert record behavior where i am inserting info about photos into table b. I want table b to be passed the id from the previous page so i can keep track of what photos go with what record. I have a hidden field that would insert this if i could get the url id passed. I am allowing users to upload photos and write descriptions about the photos on the second page. I also want a new folder created in the photo upload dir that is named from the data in table a. ie username and id. so what i was thinking was to pass the url id. then use a recordset to insert the information dynamically. i was using the mkdir command here is my code
<?php
mkdir("/home/immersiv/public_html/holland/admin/$row_Recordset1['id']", 0777);
?>
here is the error i get when i try this

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/immersiv/public_html/holland/admin/edit.php on line 209

if i take out the variable and insert a regular name it works fine. ie
mkdir("/home/immersiv/public_html/holland/admin/newtestdir", 0777);

i am  using sephiroth php upload dreamweaver extension to allow users to upload photos. So i want to dynamically assign the folder upload path to the same one that was just created with mkdir. ie
define("DESTINATION_FOLDER", "/home/immersiv/public_html/$row_Recordset1['id']/"); am i going to have the same problem that i am having with the mkdir function?

If i am going about this totally wrong then please let me know. Do I just need to declare a variable above the mkdir script?
thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.