#21 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 19 October 2006 - 05:27 PM

*puts down the Mountain Dew*

I should deal with sugar more often to even out the lows and highs.

Info: PHP Manual

#22 fenway

fenway
  • Staff Alumni
  • MySQL Si-Fu / PHP Resident Alien
  • 16,199 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:14 PM

Whoa, that's a good squishy. ;-)
Seriously... if people don't start reading this before posting, I'm going to consider not answering at all.

#23 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:37 PM

dammit. well i think i know who found my secret stash...
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#24 phpfreak

phpfreak
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 527 posts
  • LocationEverywhere!

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:55 PM

Pssh... I'm here for the money.  Admins make $32.75/hr + bonuses and benefits.  And we're given flying pigs for transportation to and from work.  Booya.

;)

EDIT: On a side note, there has been some new code added to the site that states that if you don't donate within the next 3.5 days, your account will be terminated and we'll request back-pay for the bandwidth you've eaten up on this site.  And you probably also missed the fact in the TOS that said we constantly download and upload large files in the background while you surf the forums.  So... that's gonna be a hefty bill.

EDIT2: Can anyone else tell I'm on a sugar high?

sugar high my ass, sounds like you drank a 24 pack of Red Bull!

Eric 'phpfreak' Rosebrock
Got LAMP?
http://www.Phpfreaks.com Founder

#25 akitchin

akitchin
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:23 PM

hey ober - as of now, i find myself looking for a donate link in order to shoot some paypal funds over to "phpfreaks," (ie. eric, the one-man hosting machine) and can't find one without seeking out that donation thread.  on that topic, perhaps we can add a donation link to those three that appear next to one's avatar?  right beneath where you guys added the "return to main page" link.  i guess if they have their profile info minimized they won't see it, but it's on by default right?

#26 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:42 AM

It's definately on the to-do list.  I'd personally like to link that button back into the showthread.php file.

Info: PHP Manual

#27 phpfreak

phpfreak
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 527 posts
  • LocationEverywhere!

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:16 AM

ie. eric, the one-man hosting machine

Humm... that sounds like an ego rub :) Please explain yourself. hehehe...

Got LAMP?

#28 akitchin

akitchin
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:25 AM

perhaps YOU can explain haha.  EGO RUB:  i just know you pretty much brought this community up (at least initially) on your own, founded the hosting companies to support it, etc.  that is, that's what i've gathered from my years here, and by no means are you now alone (i need to give a nod to the other admins and mods that help out).  any retrospective/corrective comments to offer?  even I have "remember when.."s about phpfreaks, and i've neither been around from the beginning nor have made huge contributions toward it.

#29 phpfreak

phpfreak
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 527 posts
  • LocationEverywhere!

Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:16 PM

perhaps YOU can explain haha.  EGO RUB:  i just know you pretty much brought this community up (at least initially) on your own, founded the hosting companies to support it, etc.  that is, that's what i've gathered from my years here, and by no means are you now alone (i need to give a nod to the other admins and mods that help out).  any retrospective/corrective comments to offer?  even I have "remember when.."s about phpfreaks, and i've neither been around from the beginning nor have made huge contributions toward it.

Andrew,

Yes, if it were not for the Moderators and the Admins, this site would not function. I hate to say it, but I simply do not have the time to hang out here as much as I would like to these days. All of the mods and admins have really done this community a great service and without them, this place would be a mess.

Got LAMP?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users