Arrays

stualk

Hi Chaps,

I posted about this before but didn't explain it properly.

If I have a PHP page displaying products from a database how can I create a separate order form that captures the item numbers of the products a customer selects?

So far I have got this to work but the order form only captures one item number. If you then select another product to add to the order form it overwrites the previous one.

I'm almost there but I think it's an array I need to use in the form, take a look at my code and see what you think. This is the hyperlink from the products page:

[code]<a href=javascript:MM_openBrWindow('order_form.php?clientid=$clientid&&item_number=$item_number','enlarge','width=620,height=550,resizable=yes,status=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes')><i>$item_number</i></a>[/code]

And here's the code i'm using in the form...

[code]
<?php
if ($action =="" || $action=="default") {

print("
<form name=\"form1\" method=\"post\">
<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"action\" value=\"addscript\" size=\"20\">
<table width='580' border='1' cellpadding='2' cellspacing='0' bordercolor='#000000'>
  <tr valign='top'>
    <td width='70%'><div align='center'><font size='2'><strong>Product Description</strong></font></div>
    </td>
    <td width='15%'><div align='center'><font size='2'><strong>Product Code</strong></font></div></td>
    <td width='15%'><div align='center'><font size='2'><strong>Quantity</strong></font></div></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td width='70%'><input name='desc11' type='text' id='desc11' value='$product_name' size='50'></td>
    <td width='15%'><div align='center'>
      <input name='code11' type='text' id='code11' value='$item_number' size='20'>
    </div></td>
    <td width='15%'><div align='center'>
      <input name='qty11' type='text' id='qty11' size='5'>
    </div></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td>&nbsp;</td>
    <td><div align='center'>
      <input type='submit' name='Submit' value='Submit Order'>
    </div></td>
    <td><div align='center'>
      <input type='reset' name='Submit2' value='Reset'>
    </div></td>
  </tr>
</table>
</form>
");
?>
[/code]

What's the best way to make it capture more than one order?

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.