mark unique messages as read

hey guys, another suggestion here...normally I use the "show unread posts..." and "show new replies.." links as they are very convenient..bravo there...however when I am looking at the list, sometimes I would like to mark only certain messages as read to get them out of the list instead of marking all of them as read and losing the entire list...just a thought.

If I need to do that I

a) open up the ones I don't care about in new tabs, then close the tabs without looking at them, or

b) open up the ones I do care about and mark the rest of the list as read.

yes I do that as well if the list is short..however if the list is rather large this will take more time then I want to devote...again i'm just throwing this idea out there..

For the 1 millionth time, we do not develop the SMF forum software, we simply use it, just like lots of other people.  We are willing to use a mod if it is well supported and kept up, but we generally will not do random hacks on the software.  And it's not because we are unable to do it, it's that it's a pain in the ass to keep up with.  If you want to see something like this, go post a suggestion on the SMF development community boards.  Maybe the SMF team will add it, or maybe someone will make a mod that does it. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.