CSS Drop Down Problem

BillyBoB

That would change all of them to a different color when scrolled over.

I want this:

Home Services About etc. etc.

then you scroll over About:

Home Services About etc. etc.

You see? right when you first view the page the Services is highlighted because your on one of the pages of that dropdown. but I only want one link red at a time so if you scroll over another link then the link with class name 'cur' needs to be changed to the default color.

ok that is still a :hover class.

I seriously recommend you google that and read about it.

anyway, change this part:

#navigation a:hover div { /* SEE THE HOVER!!!!?? */
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
    color: #FF0000; /* change this to any color you want */
}

Also a smart thing to do is get Firebug for firefox and inspect your elements, much easier to do stuff yourself.

I have firebug... I'm glad you know what your talking about I'll change that line to the default color and you can go see what happens.... Thanks for trying but you can stop trying to act like you know everything.

Check the page again now none of the links highlight. thats not what I'm trying for I'm trying to change the one div with the class name to color: #686868 when any of the other links in the nav are highlighted.

I have firebug... I'm glad you know what your talking about I'll change that line to the default color and you can go see what happens.... Thanks for trying but you can stop trying to act like you know everything.

Check the page again now none of the links highlight. thats not what I'm trying for I'm trying to change the one div with the class name to color: #686868 when any of the other links in the nav are highlighted.

I don't want to be rude, but you come here, don't show any effort nor do you show that you have any idea what you do since you ask others to do your work without that tiny bit of effort. So in that sense i have no idea what you know, so I rather say more that less. Also 'having' firebug doesn't say anything , but that may be clear at this point. Too bad you don't appreciate the fact that someone gave more pointers to look at.  have fun!

Thanks for the help but you're the rude one assuming anyone that comes here has a simple problem and that they know nothing. If you don't have the answer don't reply it was obvious that you didn't have a clue of what you were talking about because your answer was completely off. I told you that the second post as clearly and politely as possible.

Also I'm glad you know how little time I've spent trying to fix the problem. I came here to get an answer to a complex problem way over your head and you give me a simple, incorrect answer and then call me stupid.

I figured it out after leaving it and coming back to it in a couple days... and I'm glad to say that cssfreakie was completely wrong. Also just for you to know I didn't post it on more help forums to get my solution either. I actually have skills when it comes to building sites... I wanted not only to change the links when they are hovered to red but to change the current page link back to black. I wanted to change the .cur class to black when the other links are hovered.

So instead of changing #navigation a:hover div I created a new style #insidenav:hover .cur { color: #686868; } Fixed it right up to what I wanted. AKA: when I hover any links in insidenav the .cur changes color.

Thanks for doubting me though.

BillyBob, i am glad that you are glad that you have an idea that i have no idea what i am talking about and that you after 3 days came up with the idea to use the :hover class anyway on the class of current. And I must admit your first question was clear seeing it afterwards, I must have misread it at the time being. But that does not make this forum a blame and shame one nor your question rocket science. If you want to propagate here that I am completely off, accuse me of calling you stupid, do your thing I don't really mind. What i don't like though is that you have a feeling that i didn't see your mad skills and that I should have recognized them. My apologies for that sir. Wish you all the best and glad you solved it.

I'm not even working on that server anymore... it has some free hosting script at the bottom...

And I'm building the site I don't have time to check the validation every change I make I'd rather do that at the end. That's the html validation anyways this is css board. But it validates now http://www.media76.com/hunter/Services/TowingAndHarbor

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.