Conway's Game of Life

cherylinn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conway's_Game_of_Life

It's funny that you just posted this. I was just reading chrome blog and how they implemented native client support into the current beta channel. One of the four native client examples they have is Conway's Game of Life.

PHP wouldn't be the best for this probably, especially if you want to see how it unfolds step-by-step. You could create something using PHP GD and view it X steps in, or something like that. Seems like a fun idea, maybe I'll whip something up and post it.

Writing a program to create _____________ (insert name of what you want to do) is not a matter of knowing or having someone tell you how to create a program to do something. It is a matter of learning the programming language you are trying to use, then define what you want to do, then break that task down into the steps need to accomplish the stated goal, then finally write and test the code for each of those steps.

Cool idea. Haven't heard anyone speak about the game of life in over 5 years. I might just do an example too (but later, cause I'm at work now)

anyway, to answer your question:

Does anyone know how to create Conway's Game of Life using php? 

Yes. Although it's not the best choice of language for such a thing, but it's possible.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.