help, new to AJAX

arielmedel

I have this page, it's still unfinished but almost done. I have a mp3 player that is working fine, the problem is whenever I click on a navigation button to load content into another layer using includes the mp3 player reloads as well, why is this if the mp3 player is in another cell? I want to player to play on as the user navigates through the site.

Well, I did it with php. Is there any way I can fix this with AJAX?

Links to tutorials appreciated thanks!!!!

Here the URL:  http://www.ruffcreek.com/phpTEST/main.php  (only the first three buttons have links)

I don't think AJAX is going to help you with this... you're going to have to use another way to update the content area, like using an iframe or something.  I guess you could use AJAX to update the content area, but it all depends on how you have your data organized.

Have you looked at the tutorials on ajaxfreaks.com?

The only reason AJAX would not be search engine friendly is because you're updating content without updating the link.  With what you're trying to achieve, there's not really a good way around it.  Most sites that work how you want yours to work use flash or some other manner for navigation.  None of these are search-engine friendly.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.