Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arielmedel

PHP includes

I'm using php includes in a page to update content dynamically, but I just want to update a part of it, it works, but a flash object I also have in the page reloads when the content is updated and the flash object isn't even inside the same php tags, it's in another cell.

Anyone knows how to have only the content I want updated while the flash object plays without interruption?

I'm on a deadline so help will be greatly appreciated, tomorrow someone might help you as you help me. Thanks.

To the best of my knowledge, I dont think it can be done exactly the way you want.  PHP is server side, so to submit and update changes to the page, you need to reload the whole thing from the server.  In my limited knowledge, the only way to do it would be to have the flash in a seperate pop up window.

It's also possible with Ajax.  I can't help you with details, but the idea is that you can make a javascript call to fetch the new data, and use javascript to update only the portion of the page you want updated.  The flash object can keep doing its thing while that other update happens.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.