How to make this tables

phpmady

Hi Guys,

I building a system, where i have a customer table where user info is saved, and customer can choose the package like silver, gold, and platinum

customer table:

ID

Username

Password

Name

Address

Active

Now i want to make a table for choosing packages:

package table:

Package_ID

Package_Name

Package_Description

Package_Duration

Package_Amount

Package_Active

1.Now my doubt is, whether Duration can be kept in days/month

for example:

90 days or January, February, March

2.Package_Amount: what currency to be specify.

Because am building a system for international users, what currency to be specify.

(500 INR or 10USD)

3. what about upgrade of package: give me some ideas how to handle this.

Please Help me, and i guess i have a design a table right.

Thanks,

It's pretty difficult for us to tell you how to set this up. All of this will be dependent upon the business requirements.

Duration: I have no idea what this is for really. What exactly are the user's buying? YOU need to decide how you want to sell the product. Should you be selling it for three months (Jan-Mar) or should you be selling it for 90 day durations? Don't create your database to decide your business model. Choose your business model then build your database to fit.

Amount: Again, this is YOUR decision. What currency makes sense for you. Are you going to use a service to process payments? If so, what is the common demonination that the service uses> Or do you want the currency in your home denomination?

Upgrade: how the hell should I know. I don't know what the product is or the complexity of how upgrades would apply. Again, figure out the business requirements, then build to fit.

hi mjdamato,

thank you for your knowledge transfer to me,  because am the guy who dont have much knowledge about the process running in professional companies,

with your guidance, i am planning to make:

1. Duration of the Package in days.

2. Amount in USD(because am going to use the service paypal)

3. Upgradation Plan:

when he upgrade for example:

basic to silver

Basic 90 days:

Gold 120 days:

in middle of basic, he upgades to gold, the he will have

remaining 45 days + 120 days

ok, thank you friend

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.