My New Smartphone

JasonLewis

When I go into my new job I'm going to get a new smartphone (currently using a very outdated handset ;)). I'm holding off for a bit because 1) sometimes new phone announcements happen rather suddenly and 2) I'll be able to claim the phone back on tax thanks to the new job.

Anyway, previously in my phone owning history I've had an HTC and I loved it. I love the Sense UI. It's great. So now my dilema is whether I should get the Samsung Galaxy SII, the HTC Evo 3D or the HTC Sensation. I really dig the Galaxy SII and the Sensation. The thought of 3D doesn't really get my all excited so I'm not so sure on the Evo.

Does anyone have a Galaxy S or even the newer SII? I like Sense a lot, but am willing to try something new.

Urgh, choosing phones is the worst. :(

I have the Sensation, and I like it a lot. I have owned Samsung phones, and hated every one of them.

Ooohh. That's interesting. I have a friend who has the Galaxy S and he won't stop going on about it. Why do you like the Sensation a lot? The UI? Speed? Responsiveness?

From reading some comparisons they're both close in all aspects.

My Aunt recently bought the galaxy SII, had a look at it, puts the iphone to shame. Honestly one of the best phones I've ever seen. In saying that, I've only looked at it the once and while all these phones are quite advanced and... awesome. I don't require a phone that offers any functionality other than talk and txt. Love my old school Nokia (also less chance of me breaking it while out mountain biking :P )

But yeah, that's my 2 cents worth.

I have a Galaxy S. It's the only Smartphone I have owned and I have no real issues using it. The only thing that made me grumble was battery life but I guess that is because I was used to charging a Sony Ericsson featurephone once every 3-4 days. I think most smartphones require charging pretty frequently especially if you have a heavy session on angry birds. I think it is the closest alternative to an iPhone. I would of liked the iPhone but I would of had to pay for that and I never pay my provider for a phone, especially when I have been with them for 9 years.

I would read the reviews, they are mostly positive for the Samsung. Everyone will have their own opinion so I woould simply go into a store and have a play with them and make your own mind up.

Yeah it's always a tough decision. I might see if any of the phone shops around my area even have them in store. Heh, we don't have many phone shops around here. But I'll see. From what I've read though everyone digs the Samsung more mainly for it's super sexy screen. Well, that's what it seems like. It all comes back to the screen eventually. I'll just have to have a play.

Thanks guys. :)

The main problem I've had with Samsung phones has always been signal quality. No matter the carrier, the Samsung would always be the first phone to go into "No Service" mode.

Where are you from?

@TLG: Good god it's a brick! How badass would you look busting that thing out. Be even cooler if you had to manually raise the antenna! Haha.

The main problem I've had with Samsung phones has always been signal quality. No matter the carrier, the Samsung would always be the first phone to go into "No Service" mode.

Where are you from?

Texas. More specifically Dallas . . .

Texas. More specifically Dallas . . .

I keep forgetting you're up there. I'll have to bug you next time I'm in town and we can grab a beer or something  :intoxicated:

@Jaysonic - yeah, always go to try it out in person. Everyone will have differing opinions on phones :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.