Revamped web portfolio

PHPete

The logo looks good, but I would use a CSS image replacement technique to provide a smoother version as the text looks grainy. The four context areas I would add a little more spacing, improve the font and try to make it fit better into the theme. A better choice of colours I think would greatly help, which you can use a colour scheme generator like Adobe Kuler to find colours that will fit with your dark theme. It just looks a little out of place at the moment.

The images that pop-out take up far too much room in their normal state. I didn't even realise there was more to the page until I scrolled down by accident! The "Who am I?" text seems to follow a slightly different theme to the header, so again I'd just experiment a little with some colours and find out what works.

All in all though, it's a promising start.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, Adam.

I'd rather keep the text as it is, simply because I want to use as few images as possible.

As for adding more spacing between the four context areas, I can't really. It JUST fits on my1024x768 resolution, although I suppose I can try with fluid widths.

I'm going to re-think the colour scheme, the colours there were honestly just hastily thrown in as I tried to make it less dull.

I'll also see about reducing the image sizes.

Again, thanks a lot for the reply.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.