help with this code please

wkdw1ll1ams

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah man, I know what you need, but the purpose of this forum is to help programmers understand and solve problems. You don't seem to know any programming, and you don't even want to understand it, you basically just want someone to write the code for you (which has already been done, and still you couldn't get it to work)... so we're in a difficult spot right now... I don't mind explaining everything 20 times if necessary until you understand it, but you need to WANT to learn this stuff.

if(is_dir($dir.'/films'.$file)) {

Better, but still wrong.

you need: directory/folder/filename.ext

each variable ($dir and $file) get replaced by their content, so in your code above, if $file holds the filename (plus extension), what would be the result of what you typed ($dir.'/films'.$file) ?

no man, believe me, you NEED to understand this... ok, same example as I gave before... when I do this:

$var = "whatever";
echo $var . ' xxx ' . $var . ' xxx';

if I tell you that echo just prints whatever comes after it on the screen, and $var gets replaced with the value that was assigned to it, what would be the result?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.